Adoption of performance-linked asset management fee to meet unitholder interest
- The asset management fee is a performance-linked fee where approximately two-thirds of asset management remuneration is linked to NOI and EPU.
Introduction of a strict governance structure for related-party transactions
- GLP J-REIT is not allowed to carry out related-party transactions without the approval of independent outside expert(s) of the asset management company’s Investment Committee and Compliance Committee.
- The selection of such outside expert(s) requires the approval of the J-REIT board.
The GLP Group's holding of investment units (same boat investment)
GLP J-REIT seeks to improve mutual interest by aligning the interests of GLP J-REIT's unitholders and the interests of the GLP Group by having the GLP Group hold investment units.
Highly transparent and appropriate information disclosure in pursuit of fair disclosure
- GLP J-REIT was the first J-REIT to implement information disclosure to a wide range of unitholders by holding a management call meeting for overseas investors in capital increase through public offering.
- GLP J-REIT was the first J-REIT to introduce a telephone conference system for the purpose of information disclosure to a wide range of unitholders at the financial presentation meetings.
- GLP J-REIT discloses Japanese and English press releases and disclosure material simultaneously.
Further enhancing governance through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Established ESOP targeting officers and employees of GLP Japan Inc. and the asset management company of GLP J-REIT in May 2020, with a policy to further enhance the alignment of interests with our unitholders.